I’m honored to be nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award, by Jasmine at Journey in the Woods. Thank you very much for my first nomination! Jasmine’s writing through her journey is real, raw, and beautiful.
Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award recognizes the unique voices of women bloggers around the world. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for blogging about the times that you hurt, the events in your life, and the things that make you laugh.
To accept this award, here are the rules:
Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
Put the award logo on your blog.
Answer the ten questions they have set you.
Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer. Nominate ten people.
These are my answers to Jasmine’s questions:
1. What inspired you to start a blog? Has writing helped you?
My ectopic pregnancy and realizing that there are so many losses like mine that seem so taboo to discuss. I felt alone, and I wanted to try to let others in my shoes know that they are not alone. Writing is also therapeutic for me. But as I’ve poured through other women’s stories and connected with other women (in my short time blogging) I’ve discovered that the reading and connecting is often the larger part of my therapy. The writing itself has helped tell my story in more detail than I can with those around me. It’s good to free the thoughts.
2. Do you like your job and why?
It’s the best one I’ve had yet, and the longest I’ve been doing the same thing. I’m self employed as a fitness instructor. Being my own boss is fantastic.
3. What cheerful things have you done for yourself lately?
When the sun is shining I like to go for walks/hikes. Being in nature brightens my mood. Going to acupuncture could also count here.
4. What is the your favorite quote?
“The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still.”
“Time is just a concept and always the first thing to fade.”
5. Who have been influential in your life?
My father, my husband, certain professors (my creative writing professor and a culinary arts instructor).
6. Name your favorite actress.
7. What is the funniest thing have you done in your life?
I feel like I’ve done a lot. I like making others laugh. But when I was a kid, I was curious where the slip on a banana peel thing in cartoons (and mario kart) came from. I wanted to know if that could happen in real life. So I put a banana peel on the sidewalk, insides down, and got a running start. I slipped. My dad and best friend were witnesses to the entire thing. We all thought it was funny. Maybe you had to be there.
8. Which book has make a difference in your life?
I can’t think of one in particular. It’s more like all the books I’ve read became a part of me.
9. Are you afraid to say “NO” to others?
I used to be. I’m getting better. After dealing with depression a year ago I learned to do what I need to for me and say “no” without feeling guilty. That’s when the process of losing a 12 year friendship began. 😦
10. Are you a right handed person or left? 🙂
I am a righty. I try to use my left hand for things like brushing my teeth or writing occasionally with disastrous results.
Here are my nominations:
Infertility, Why Me?
Path to Birth
Life can change in a week
In the Mouth of the Lion
My Perfect Breakdown
Love Marriage Infertility
Spirit Baby Come Home
Infertility U Suck
Of course there are many more worthy of nomination but I limited to 10. 🙂
Here are your questions (if you have the time):
1) What is the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
2) If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
3) Do you have any fur babies?
4) What was the last book you read?
5) What is the biggest thing you’ve learned through blogging?
6) What did you want to be when you grew up?
7) Are you a morning person?
8) Name one positive thing you do to lift your spirits?
9) Is there a word that irks you? What is it?
10) Describe the last thing that made you laugh?